The Alliance 8.7 - a multi-stakeholder and inclusive global partnership committed to achieving SDG Target 8.7 - is launching a competition calling for all innovators who are passionate about bringing new ideas with social impact to develop innovative solutions that can support pathfinder countries to accelerate action for the achievement of SDG Target 8.7.
These solutions can include proposals to:
- create new skills training programmes or improve existing ones in order to upgrade skills in a vulnerable sector or occupation and facilitate better working conditions, or to generate alternatives in terms of job opportunities in areas affected by forced labour;
- improve the promotion and the accessibility of skills training programmes for vulnerable groups and put in place inclusive policies to decrease the chances of dropouts;
- integrate complementary courses into TVET curricula and programmes to raise awareness of the risks and effects of forced labour and strengthen trainees’ resilience to it;
- support skills trainers and training providers in becoming agents of change to prevent and combat forced labour within their communities;
- strengthen career and vocational guidance and counselling services and establish partnerships to facilitate the referral of victims of forced labour to appropriate skills training programs and other support services;
- set up mechanisms for the formal skills recognition of vulnerable persons and victims of forced labour who have acquired skills and competencies to provide them with recognized qualifications on the labour market;
- integrate new ways of skills development and delivery for young people at risk or victims of forced labour.
To learn more about the competition click here.