The report is part of the EU, UN Women and ILO project “Empowering women at work through responsible business in G7 countries” Programme. It focuses on five key areas where government policies can reverse the regressive effect of the COVID-19 crisis and revitalize progress towards the SDGs:
- achieving equal pay for work of equal value;
- preventing and eliminating violence and harassment in the world of work;
- creating a harmonious work–life balance for both women and men;
- promoting women’s equal representation in leadership in the world of work;
- investing in a future of work that works for women.
Part 1 presents an overview of the frameworks guiding government policies for promoting gender equality in the world of work.
Part 2 sets out the rights-based and economic case for government action, also taking into account the COVID-19 crisis.