Call for Expression of Interest in professional training in Career Guidance
A Master in Lifelong Career Guidance and Development for countries in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region, will be offered by the University of Malta with the expert support of the European Training Foundation, the International Labour Organization, and the UNESCO-UNITWIN network.
The Master will be offered online on a part-time basis, starting October 2022.
On-line, part-time Master in Lifelong Career Guidance specifically for the MENA region
Career guidance (or ‘vocational guidance’) has been adopted in several countries in the world because it:
- helps young people and adults choose their educational and employment pathways more wisely;
- leads to appropriate choices that ensure more motivated students and more productive and satisfied workers;
- facilitates a better match between the demand and supply of skills.
Career guidance services are greatly needed in the MENA region. They can be part of the strategy to address the twin challenge of high youth and adult unemployment on the one hand, and skills gaps on the other. They can also foster social inclusion through giving access to a livelihood.
The University of Malta – with the expert support of the European Training Foundation (ETF), the International Labour Organization (ILO), and the UNESCO-UNITWIN Network – has issued a Call for the Expression of Interest for those who would like to receive professional training in career guidance.
The Master course is designed in such a way as to
- take into account the economic, labour market, educational and cultural realities of the MENA region;
- provide participants with the interdisciplinary theoretical background and practical experience needed in order to design, deliver, and evaluate lifelong career guidance services;
- promote regional expertise in policy development, systems-building, and practitioner competence.
Individuals as well as public and private entities interested in the Masters can
- access the relevant information about the course here: https://www.um.edu.mt/study/mastercareerguidance
- email the course coordinators for further information. Professor Ronald G. Sultana (email@example.com) and Dr Manwel Debono (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to respond to questions.
Scholarships, in the form of partial fee waivers, are being offered by the University of Malta to deserving applicants.