Lesotho: National strategic development plan 2012/13 – 2016/17: Growth and development strategic framework
This National Strategic Development Plan represents renewed commitment and strategic guidance towards the creation of a development environment that is characterised by political stability, effective development management that permits the attainment of social, economic and environmental goals and a competitive investment climate that results in high employment creation and prosperity for all.
To achieve the National Vision 2020 goals, to reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development, the main goals of the National Strategic Development plan will be to:
- Pursue high, shared and employment creating economic growth;
- Develop key infrastructure;
- Enhance the skills base, technology adoption and foundation for innovation;
- Improve health, combat HIV and AIDS and reduce vulnerability;
- Reverse environmental degradation and adapt to climate change and
- Promote peace, democratic governance and build effective institutions.